Sunday, December 20, 2009

Worse Mom of the week, for sure goes to me!

Baileys Accident:
So about a week ago when I was finally getting around to getting all our Christmas stuff out, I should have known Bailey might have wanted to play with the stuff, but I was not thinking. I put are cute little stockings up on out mantel with our nice rock solid stocking holders. Of course Bailey's curiosity got to her like usual and she yanked one of the stocking down, and wouldn't you know one of our stocking holders fell and broke on top of her head, leaving her with a nice gash!
My poor baby! We couldn't get it to stop bleeding. I called my good friend Cynthia who happens to be a pediatrician and told her what happen. I told her that I didn't think she needed stitches but that she might need some super glue! And to my rescue she came! She had some Durobond at home would be glad to take care of it for me. Thanks to Cynthia! I tell ya it sure does pay to know a doctor who takes house calls but best of all who is welling to do it for free!

Bostons Accident:
About 4 days after Baileys accident Boston got his very own head injury, I mean like sister like brother, any ways. Bailey had broken one of our floor laps down stairs. I was cleaning it up got a bag to put the glass in. Just when I was ready to take it up stairs and out to the trash. Bailey was climbing up our entertainment center so I hung the bag of broken glass on our stair Bannister thinking I would go get Bailey down then take the bag up stairs but as I went toward Bailey, Dave had just walked through the door and Boston heard him. Whenever Boston hears Dave come home he rush's to him immediately! Boston shouted out "Daddy, Daddy" tripped over the first step and fell into the bag of glass and sliced his head open! Not again, I felt like the worlds worse mom! My poor little man! Of course his injury was tens times worse! He screamed at first, I think he was more scared of all the blood but he calmed down quickly and just keep telling Dave and I, if we got him a band aid he would stop bleeding. We ran him to the E.R. We knew for sure he was going to need stitches. He did such a good job! He struggled through the shots but actually fell asleep during the last few stitches. He tells every body he has a really cool band aid called stitches, there blue and he has seven of them! He has also said "When can I get more" I told him hopefully never but I am sure this wont be the last time it's just the beginning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! How sad!!! I hope they are doing better!!

kara said...

Yikes! What a week, huh?

amanda said...

aaahhhh! so sorry! poor babies and poor you.